This comic book about a private moon mission gone wrong is now lauded for launching the career of Walking Dead artist Charlie Adlard. But, it was also responsible for Larry Young and Mimi Rosenheim’s publishing house AiT/PlanetLar. So we discuss their approach to balancing commerce with art, and medium with story.
Interested in the media we discussed this episode? Please support the show by purchasing it through our affiliate store:
- Astronauts in Trouble: Live From The Moon
- The Making of Astronauts in Trouble
- Astronauts in Trouble reissue
- Young, L. (1999). The Making of Astronauts in Trouble. AIT / Planetlar. San Francisco.
- PREPPING FOR RE-ENTRY WITH ‘ASTRONAUTS IN TROUBLE’
- Astronauts In Trouble #1
- Adlard, C., Smith, M., and Young, L. (2003). Astronauts in Trouble Master Flight Plan. Ait/PlanetLar. San Francisco.
- Astronauts in Trouble: Live from the Moon (Scanned covers)
- 10 Years and Counting At AiT/Planet Lar
- Time to Make a Movie Version of “Astronauts in Trouble”
- A Short Interview With Larry Young
- AN INTERVIEW WITH LARRY YOUNG
- How To Pitch Your Comic By (Or Possibly To) Larry Young