This memoir by a music icon was expected to be a tell-all about scandal and betrayal. But we discuss how it’s actually about defense mechanisms that give the illusion of cool confidence.
Interested in the media we discussed this episode? Please support the show by purchasing it through our affiliate store:
- Girl in a Band
- 1991: The Year Punk Broke
- Sonic Youth
- The Messthetics
- The Purkinje Shift (live)
- Rap Damage
- Kim Gordon’s ‘Girl in a Band’
- Mooallem, S. (2015). 60s KIM GORDON. Harper’s Bazaar, 304-307.
- Unconventional Idol: Kim Gordon’s Girl in a Band
- FELSENTHAL, J. (2015). ONE-WOMAN SHOW. Marie Claire (US Edition), 22(3), 226.
- Even Kim Gordon Doesn’t Have It All
- Weiner, J. (2015). Kim Gordon’s New Noise. Rolling Stone, (1230), 18.
- Why Do Women’s Music Memoirs Sell So Erratically?
- Kim Gordon: Girl in a Band