This 1977 record seems to mythologize a certain version of New York, so we look at how it was made to get to the core beneath its poetry, guitar solos and critical success.
Interested in the media we discussed this episode? Please support the show by purchasing it through our affiliate store:
- Television’s Principles
- How Television Made ‘Marquee Moon,’ the Best Punk Guitar Album Ever
- Television’s Punk Epic “Marquee Moon,” 40 Years Later
- Invisible Hits: When Eno Met Television
- Waterman, B. (2011). Television’s Marquee Moon. New York: Continuum.
- Rolling Stone. 1/7/93, Issue 647, p22.
- Lloyd, R. (2018). Everything is Combustible. Mount Desert, ME: Beech Hill Publishing Company.