This first part in the Jerry Cornelius saga is literary science-fiction that challenges the politics of its time through transgression. But we find eerie parallels to our current zeitgeist and wonder if Cornelius is the perfect device to question our thoughts about subversion and morality.
Interested in the media we discussed this episode? Please support the show by purchasing it through our affiliate store:
- The Final Programme
- The Adventures of Luther Arkwright & Heart of The Empire
- The Prisoner
- The Invisibles
- Sebastian O.
- The Time Traveler’s Wife
- Harrison, A. (2015). “I think Tolkien was a crypto-fascist”. New Statesman, 144(5272), 40-43.
- Moorcock’s Achievement and Promise in the Jerry Cornelius Books
- Interview with SFWA Grand Master Michael Moorcock
- The Final Programme by Michael Moorcock
- How we met: 43. Michael Moorcock and Andrea Dworkin