This Amazon television show is about comedian Tig Notaro dealing with tragedy in her Mississippi hometown. But we discuss how its theme of demystifying the South was partially derailed by the corporate pivoting of its distributor and the sexual misconduct of some of its producers.
Interested in the media we discussed this episode? Please support the show by purchasing it through our affiliate store:
- One Mississippi
- My Dead Parents
- The Electric Woman
- Fun Home
- Are You My Mother?
- Bleachy-Haired Honky Bitch: Tales from a Bad Neighborhood
- Review: Have You Heard the One About the Grieving Daughter?
- The Heartbreak Comedy of “One Mississippi”
- Why Tig Notaro Took on Sexual Assault in Her Amazon Series
- Is One Mississippi Tig Notaro’s Love Letter to Her Hometown?
- Tig Notaro: Louis C.K.’s Forced Departure from ‘One Mississippi’ Was ‘A Huge Relief’
- tig notaro and stephanie allynne’s ‘one mississippi’ showed me the love i was feeling
- Why Did Amazon, Netflix, and Hulu Kill a Bunch of Alternative Comedies?