This is Guided By Voices’ 100th record (by some fuzzy math). We discuss how they create songs and what each band member contributes. We also debate the quantity over quality ethos of this prolific band… and wonder if for some listeners it’s more like a religion.
Interested in the media we discussed this episode? Please support the show by purchasing it through our affiliate store:
- Pitchfork review
- Popmatters review
- Flood Magazine review
- GUIDED BY A LOT OF VOICES: GBV MEMBERS WEIGH IN ON ‘AUGUST BY CAKE’
- Band Q&A: Guided By Voices
- Life Lessons from Robert Pollard
- GUIDED BY VOICES: ROBERT POLLARD, WHO ARE YOU?
- Robert Pollard
- What Makes These Guided By Voices Superfans Still Love Robert Pollard After 100 Albums?