This 2005 video game tried to capture the atmosphere and experience of H. P. Lovecraft’s mythos. It is now called a commercial failure and a cult classic. We discuss its unique, immersive gameplay, and its Lovecraftian approach to knowledge as a thing to fear.
Interested in the media we discussed this episode? Please support the show by purchasing it through our affiliate store:
- Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth Interview 2
- Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth Q&A
- The making of Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth
- Owen, D. (2017). Player and Avatar : The Affective Potential of Videogames. Jefferson, UNITED STATES: McFarland.
- Horror is Knowledge: The Presentation of Fear in ‘Call of Cthulhu