This independent comedy/fantasy comic book series wasn’t intended to be for kids necessarily, but because of how savvily Jeff Smith marketed his self-publishing business, it became a hit for all-ages. We discuss Bone‘s impact on the library market, as well as its struggles with female representation and censorship.
Interested in the media we discussed this episode? Please support the show by purchasing it through our affiliate store:
- Out From Boneville
- A Tale of Sand
- Return of The Dapper Men
- Raina Telgemeier
- The Complete Tales of Winnie-the-Pooh
- The Last Unicorn
- Interview: Jeff Smith Pt. 1
- AICN COMICS EXCLUSIVE! Alexandra DuPont Interviews BONE Creator Jeff Smith!!
- The History of BONE & Jeff Smith
- Rosemount-Apple Valley-Eagan panel votes not to ban elementary school book series
- Mix of tradition, fantasy comics pays off for artist
- The Jeff Smith Interview