We try to unpack what little is known about this author, while providing a “succinct” description of the book. Along the way we discuss the publishing industry, book awards, obscenity, themes and the mythical reputation this tome has garnered over the years.
Interested in the media we discussed this episode? Please support the show by purchasing it through our affiliate store:
- Gravity’s Rainbow
- Inherent Vice
- The Crying of Lot 49
- American Flagg
- Divided States of Hysteria
- Satellite Sam
- The Illuminatus! Trilogy
- The Kills
- Field Notes
- George Plimpton on Thomas Pynchon’s V.
- V. Squared
- Pynchon from A to V
- Duncan, J. (2013). Gravity’s Rainbow by Thomas Pynchon. Salem Press Encyclopedia Of Literature.
- Muste, J. M., & Weisenburger, S. C. (2014). Thomas Pynchon. Salem Press Biographical Encyclopedia.
- Herman, L., & Weisenburger, S. (2013). Gravity’s Rainbow, Domination, and Freedom. Athens: University of Georgia Press.
- Pulitzer Jurors Dismayed on Pynchon
- Pulitzer People are no Prize
- Thomas Pynchon’s letter to Bruce Allen
- L. McLaughlin, R., (2002). Unreadable Stares: Imperial Narratives and the Colonial Gaze in Gravity’s Rainbow. Pynchon Notes. (50-51), pp.83?96. DOI: http://doi.org/10.16995/pn.72
- Thomas Pynchon shows us how white writers can avoid appropriation
- Pynchon’s Gravity’s Rainbow: The V-2 Rocket Cartel as Multinational Corporate Conspiracy
- Rocket Power