This 1996 comic-book-based-cartoon aired on MTV in 10-minute bursts of weirdness. We discuss its themes of tragedy and trauma, together with how it represents feminism, while still objectifying the female body.
- The Maxx — The Only Thing MTV Never Screwed Up
- The Maxx messed up afterschool MTV viewers with its dark surrealism
- FEMINIST REPLAY: MTV’S THE MAXX
- Why The Maxx Was the Perfect Comic for ’90s MTV
- Shaping The Maxx: Adapting the Comic Book Frame to Television
- MTV’s Oddities Part 2: The Maxx: Julie’s Pangea, Laura’s Ghostwood