David Simon and George Pelecanos’ show makes us uncomfortable about sex work. But it’s to better understand capitalism. We discuss their exploration of community, corruption and the production of both this show and the labor that inspired it.
Interested in the media we discussed this episode? Please support the show by purchasing it through our affiliate store:
- The Deuce, Season One
- Last Exit to Brooklyn
- Taxi Driver
- American Gigolo
- Light Sleeper
- The Night Porter
- The Deuce and the Birth of Porn
- ‘The Deuce’ Recalls Sex and Sleaze in 1970s Times Square
- The Deuce isn’t about sex. It’s about capitalism.
- How ‘The Deuce’ Predicts Modern-Day New York
- The Deuce: Season One Ratings