This 2015 Vertigo comic by Tom King and Mitch Gerads sets a murder mystery in the Iraq War in 2004. We discuss how the creators strived for accuracy and reverence with this complex story while struggling with our own distaste for violence, glorification, and authority.
Interested in the media we discussed this episode? Please support the show by purchasing it through our affiliate store:
- One of comics’ best writers is a former CIA agent
- Inside ‘The Sheriff of Babylon,’ DC Comics’ Wartime Crime Drama
- Comic-Con: DC’s Vertigo Imprint to Launch 12 New Series Before End of Year
- Why the CIA Has to Read This Comic Before You Can
- The Best Retelling of the Iraq War Story Is a Comic Book
- 15 Reasons Why You Should Be Reading The Sheriff Of Babylon
- Did Batman’s Tom King Work For the CIA? Yes, Yes He Did.
- PERSPECTIVES ON A CRIME: TOM KING AND MITCH GERADS ON ‘THE SHERIFF OF BABYLON’