This 1985 fantasy film is remembered fondly by our generation, but may not hold up under re-examination. We look at the studio process it was made under, while thinking about how it tries to subvert our expectations of fairy tales.
Interested in the media we discussed this episode? Please support the show by purchasing it through our affiliate store:
- 20 Crazy Details Behind The Making Of Ladyhawke
- History, Fantasy, and Weird Armor: Ladyhawke
- Is Ladyhawke the Best Fairy Tale of Them All?
- The Hawk, the Wolf, and the Mouse: Tracing the Gendered other in Richard Donner’s Ladyhawke
- In Defense of ‘Ladyhawke’
- Lessons Every Filmmaker Can Learn From Richard Donner
- The Wolf, the Hawk and the Avant-garde Musician: Interview with Andrew Powell