Thank you to our Co-producer patron Kevin Wetter for selecting this week’s topic!
This 2003 superhero film adaption went through ten screenwriters during its production and suffered poor critical reception. We look back before the Marvel Cinematic Universe as we now know it and ask why the formula of Greek tragedy mixed with Cold War paranoia failed to work.
Interested in the media we discussed this episode? Please support the show by purchasing it through our affiliate store:
- Countdown to Hulk: Screenwriter John Turman talks about a fan’s dream job
- U Bulks Up Hulk
- Hulk Makes a Monster Out of Gamma Rays
- Green With Anger
- Ang Lee Gets Inside Hulk’s Head
- Countdown to Hulk: Screenwriter Michael France Talks ‘Hulk,’ ‘Punisher,’ and Beyond.
- Countdown to ‘Hulk’: Producers Avi Arad and Gale Anne Hurd talk
- Temper, Temper
- Ang Lee looks back at his Hulk movie
- The successful failure of Ang Lee’s Hulk
- Credit Grab
- The Hulk. (2003). Millimeter, 31(6), 14.