This influential 1979 album combined art education with working class political activism to play with the meaning of pop music. We discuss the production of the record and the band’s conflicts (or lack thereof) with their record label and the BBC.
Interested in the media we discussed this episode? Please support the show by purchasing it through our affiliate store:
- Dettmar, K. J. H. (2014). Gang of Four’s Entertainment! New York, NY: Bloomsbury Academic.
- Gang Of Four Track By Track
- Andy Gill meets Andy Gill
- Jerky, punky, funky
- Gang of Four Anthrax
- Hoover, M., & Stokes, L. (1998). Pop Music and the Limits of Cultural Critique: Gang of Four Shrinkwraps Entertainment. Popular Music & Society, 22(3), 21.
- Smith, M. R. (2005). So Sweet. Remix, 7(7), 106.