This album from 2000 came out more than 20 years into the career of this genre fusing music group. We look at their commercial apex and their struggles with racist expectations to understand what led to this attempt at a new beginning.
Interested in the media we discussed this episode? Please support the show by purchasing it through our affiliate store:
- The Red Hot Days of Fabulous, Funky Fishbone
- HAY, C. (2000). “Psychotic” Fishbone Goes Hollywood. Billboard, 112(9), 12.
- Fishbone & the Familyhood Nextperience
- FISHBONE “Fishbone &
- Fishbone Back on Its Mission
- FISHBONE Seminal funk game-changers in town
- Ska-Punk Rockers, Way Ahead of the Curve
- LIFSON, A. (2011). A Fish Story. Humanities, 32(1), 6.
- Fricke, D. (1991). Black and bruised. Rolling Stone, (614), 68.
- Biggs, Jimmie. “Growing Up Black in the White Punk Scene.” New York Amsterdam News. 6/30/2005, Vol. 96 Issue 27, p17-17.